Monday, December 3, 2012

Fabulous Fives

It just occurred to me that this blog is five years old this week, 486 posts, or so my magical Google slave tells me. I confess a certain cumulative satisfaction. But I just read my first post, which I entitled (anticipating publication of The Hebrew Republic), "How Democratic Can A Jewish State Get?" And I was chagrined to find how little things have changed since the posts began, or should I say how little the preoccupations of journalists and their critics have changed as conditions on the ground have worsened.

Perhaps I am wrong, but I sense that things are coming to a head. Anyway, we plod on, if for no other reason than the world seems deceptively safer at bedtime when one quells morning anger with afternoon arguments. If you think others would enjoy subscribing, why not send along a prod? Email subscriptions are easy: just look to your right.